We live in a world of selfie culture and that includes taking a ring selfie. Search #ringselfie on instagram and you will come up with 9k+ images. Scroll throw them and you will see the gamut from the good, the bad, and the just ugly. We consider ourselves semi-experts on this very difficult topic. It is extremely hard to capture that bling in a still photo. So today gem hunters we are giving a primer in how to get a good, and mean really good #ringselfie.
1. Clean your diamond. You absolutely will not get a great photo if you have a dirty ring. Our go-to is a little bit of windex and lukewarm water, soak your diamond ring and then scrub with a soft toothbrush. Scrub, scrub, scrub and make sure you get the bottom of your diamond.
2. Find good light. There is reason photo studio's exist and that is to ensure great light for taking photo's. We recommend the soft afternoon light typically from 3 to 5 pm. Try to take your photos outside if you can; because, natural light is always better.
3. Have patience. You are taking a photo of an object that naturally reflect lights, so that can be hard to capture in a quick moment. Sometimes it can take 5 try's to get a picture of the right amount of sparkle, so just be patience you will get it.
4. Get your nails done. Hate to say it but nothing ruins a #ringselfie more than distracting chipped nails.
5. Find a neutral background. You can go two ways with the background. One is to find something neutral like white or black. The other way to go is the "I climbed a mountain, and took a #ringselfie" we aren't judging if you want to climb that mountain and show off your sparkler as they say you do you.