I love east-west engagement rings and no I am talking about the future name of Kimye's next baby. East-west means the diamond is placed horizontally across the finger instead of vertically. Vertical settings are much more common, but these horizontal settings known as east-west are making a run for engagement ring trend of the moment.
This style is great because it is and easy way of making your engagement ring look and feel more unique and can be executed with any type of diamond you choose. To help inspire your interest in east-west settings I have rounded up some of my favorites.
1. The Trumpet & Horn White Oaks emerald cut engagement is a beautiful example of an emerald cut set east-west with a vintage inspired setting.
2. The Kwait Diamond Marquise Cut engagement is a favorite of mine that is set east-west. The marquise cut seems to float in this baguette halo setting that is traditionally used with more art deco inspired cuts like emerald cut and asshcher cut but it seems to work with this beautiful marquise cut.
3. Emma Parker & Co. marquise diamond ring is sort of like the above ring from Kwait but with a round cut diamond halo. This ring feels like a fresh classic engagement ring and I love the split shank.
4. Rosado Box moissanite emerald cut engagement ring is beautiful set east-west with a delicate rose gold diamond band.
5. Hancock's baguette cut diamond ring with two demi moon diamonds on the side and surrounded by pave diamonds. Love this unique and elongated version of a diamond in the east-west setting.
6. Diamond Nexus radiant cut diamond engagement ring. Love seeing a radiant cut set east-west as it is one of the less popular cuts to be seen set east-west. The simplicity of this setting lends itself well to this setting.
7. Two By London east-west emerald cut diamond engagement with yellow gold setting and diamond halo. Love seeing an emerald cut with a dainty diamond halo and set east-west. This is a subtle adjustment to a classic engagement ring style.
8. Doyle & Doyle pear-shaped rose cut solitaire ring is proof you can set any diamond east-west. This lovely vintage ring would make a fun addition to any jewel box.
9. Shreve, Crump & Low oval cut diamond engagement ring is a stunning example of an oval cut set east-west with a lovely diamond halo surrounding it. This beautiful yellow diamond looks terrific highlighted by white surrounding it.
10. Jewels By Grace oval cut diamond engagement ring is a classic version of the east-west setting with vintage detailing from one of our favorite jewelry dealers.